Wednesday, December 29, 2010

take you pop to work day

It was too precious, today my dad came to work with me today. Ever since I got the job, he kept saying he wanted to see exactly where I work, exactly what I do. He was a little surprised that he never went to the Archives, the research side that is, before even though his building is so close. So we finally chose a date & time for the grand tour. We met outside & I guided him through security, getting a research ID, and the lockers. Then we ventured to the main research area upstairs & it was awesome being able to show him exactly what I did & put a visual to everything I described when I first started working there. He was blown away by the beauty of the building itself & all the intricacies. Fortunately, he was able to meet most of my co-workers & could finally put a face to so many of the names I would talk about & describe. Afterwards, we went to Potbelly's for lunch-man I love that place! I thought it was so awesome ate there, because thats where we went on my first day at the Archives. Funny how things make a full circle, as today is almost my last day. I love my dad, especially how he supports me & genuinely cares about all my endeavors. It has surely been a pleasure commuting with each other for these past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment