Sunday, March 13, 2011

Family....isn't it about time?

Saturday
For the past week, my right ankle has been injured.It somehow got hyperextended or sprained during one of our IDR practices. While I was stretching one day at practice, I noticed how badly swollen my ankle was. It’s HUGE compared to my left ankle. I went to the trainer & they were unsure of what it was-most likely a stress fracture. I didn’t want to make it any worse, so I cheered on my team and sat out this week’s track meet. 

After the meet, Majken and I rode down to UT together. I was going down to spend the weekend with my extended family. My cousin Bennion just came home from his mission to Brazil & I wanted to hear his homecoming talk. Majken was going to hear her friends’ mission farewell talk. One missionary leaving into the field and one returning from serving. 

When we arrived in Ogden, I met up with my second cousin, Chaleste. I dropped my things off at their house & we went to a Pampered Chef party with some of her coworkers. I didn’t know what to expect, I can’t say I’ve ever been to one before. It was enjoyable. I liked all the samples of food that showed off the pampered chef tools. Yummy brownie bites & spicy salsa. 
I really wanted to get a few things at Costco & her parents were so kind to take me. It had been too long since I had some of my favorite snack, Pirate’s Booty. I miss Costco dearly. Their fruit is always so delicious. 

After grocery shopping, we made a quick run to KFC for dinner. They forgot the missionaries were coming over for dinner & what a perfect “home cooked” meal than some fried chicken. We had a lovely dinner. The Bennions are such a humble, kind, and hospitable family. 
Chaleste, her fiance, and I drove to Honeyville after dinner. Up until that point, I didn’t know or realize how much fun she is to spend time with. It was about half an hour drive and we enjoyed every minute by having a dance party. I love people that can scream songs to the top of their lungs and just go crazy. The alpine hot springs was worth the drive & felt so relaxing. It felt so wonderful on my stress fracture, the heat was the perfect comfort. I love hot tubs.
Sunday
Chaleste & I went to my other relatives’ home ward to hear my cousin Bennion’s homecoming talk. I love hearing about mission experiences and see how much people change in those 2 years. It was a wonderful testimony of our restored gospel. Afterwards, I saw my Uncle Mark and Aunt Margaret (Bennion’s parents). It had been way too long since I saw their family-5 years to be exact. Bennion has changed so much & everyone looks so much older. My Uncle said I was so cute when he saw me. Precious. 
There was a delicious luncheon at their house after church, where I saw more family on my mom’s side. My Aunt Ines, uncle Dave, and their five boys drove all the way from Oregon. Oh how fast boys grow up! It was so wonderful seeing them & having the ability to catch up with so much of my family. It made me only miss my parents and brothers even more than I already was. 
I especially enjoyed spending time with my cousins Bowen and Maxwell, who are Bennion’s brothers. Bowen is extreamly talented at basketball and Maxwell reminded me of how energetic Grant is. 
I loved seeing so much of my extended family and catching up with my cousins. I only wish that my mom’s siblings lived closer to us on the East coast:( 
In the picture in the upper left corner-my Aunt Ines is the one in the purple shirt & my Aunt Margaret is white, second last from the right. In the picture in the upper right corner, Bowen is the cousin who is taller than me & Maxwell is the cutie in the yellow jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment