Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"your just probably not adjusted to the altitude yet." yeah, let's go with that.


Today was my first indoor distance running practice.oh boy.I haven't been on a competitive running team in hmm 4 years. I was a sprinter then & enjoyed running really fast for a few hundred meters instead of running distance. I went to an interested meeting last week & it sounded like something I should get involved in & enjoy. There are several different coaches that all run at different times throughout the week, which is great because I can't make most of the other coach's practices. 

For the group that I go running with on Tuesdays, its only the coach, assistant coach,  another runner, and I. At first, I was running strong in the front, but once we started jogging on hard snow & slippery ice-it was hard to keep up. We usually run about 5 miles every practice, I get to explore the off-campus side of town. Its a bit chilly, today was 15°~which is considered a warm day. Hopefully in a week or so, I'll get better adjusted to running on thin ice, cold weather, and develop a stronger endurance. Bright side, we did a few short sprints-and I beat the other runner every time. Once we got back to the fitness center on campus, we did some gut buster ab workouts. Can't wait to rest & repeat tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment