Saturday, January 29, 2011

we are SPARTA.



Last night after some racquetball, we had a team dinner for our first competition today. Gotta love carbohydrates. Forget sleeping in on a Saturday morning, I was up at 6:50 for my 8am race. I ran the mile against other "B" women runners. How it works is the IDR group is divided into several smaller teams that practice together. Our team is the smallest, but I enjoy running with a smaller group. Last week during one of our practices, we ran a timed mile & I ran my best mile time ever! I love personal records. Today I beat it by 11 seconds. 7:22. I'm working my way to hopefully a 6 miler by the end of the season. My spikes are beast. My assistant coaches' advice earlier this week was, "leave everything on the track." After I reached the finish line, I really felt like I had. When trying to walk around to cool down didn't work, I literally collapsed on the carpet outside of the track. My lungs felt so awful & had a burning sensation. Thankfully, after a few minutes, I was able to cheer on my coach in her race. Once all the runners finished, they read our times & overall ranking of each team. The 1st place team lead everyone on a victory cool down lap. The entire meet was over by 9:30, it was wonderful to go back to bed for awhile. It was an excellent meet to start out the season. Not sure how well next week's 2 mile race will go...

2 comments: