Wednesday, February 2, 2011

un mes.


My Dad reminded me that I've been away at college for exactly a month today. It was strange flying by myself & leaving VA behind. It still feels a bit strange. Its weird wanting to call this place home, but not feeling like it really is...

Things I miss dearly about home-
Hunter
Clark
Rex
Mckay
our neighborhood & lovely neighbors
driving.man that maxima is king.
the oakton ward
my queen sized bed
the city
the metro
mom's dinners.boy I miss the savory salmon & rice she makes.AND our quesadilla feasts.
my primary class
babysitting
crêpe
our trampoline & hammock
mom's mint chocolate chip brownies.mouth watering.
watching TV & movies with the family
chipotle.big time.
naps
the sun, warmth in general.
the beach
costco pizza
my best friends
visible grass
deer
the bike path
basketball games
little kids
visiting teaching
Grant's cuteness

New things I really love here-
the beauty of fresh snow
getting lost
my giraffe bedding
potatoes
chocolate chip cookies.right off the pan.
snail mail
having a temple on campus
my spikes
Lie To Me & 30 Rock, just started watching.
sledding
super warm coats
tupperware, I have not appreciated it so much until now
getting packages
losing count of my parent's voicemails.
netflix
honey nut spins
running in negative temperatures on hard snow & thin ice
the library
our home teachers
making fluffy pancakes before my morning classes
clean dishes
roommates 
my desk
my FHE family & our fun activities
devotional every tuesday afternoon.the new BYU-I center is wonderful!
doing laundry
scarves
learning to use north, south, east, and west.
preparing meals
our igloo
writing personal narratives for english
the tutoring center.my Biology tutor is a genius and a half.
the fitness center
the fact that Five Guys gets their potatoes from here to make their delicious french fries, only the best for the best.


2 comments:

  1. i miss u too!!! but send some of that snow to meeeee!!! i love sending u letters so its go to here u like getting them!!
    miss & love u!!
    p.s. love the song! ;)

    -tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tracy!! haha I wish I could send some your way, it would take a few trucks. LOVE your letters too:) miss & love ya LOTS!

    ReplyDelete